No--not everyday can be cool and minty--but why not one day a year--even if it takes driving to two Mickey Dees. We took the boys to get Shamrock shakes today. Not only do we rarely go to the Big M (we're more the Arbys type), we don't even let them drink soda. So when a big tall green ice cream drink was placed in front of each of them, they thought it was cool indeed. Mommy tried to share stories of her own shamrock shake histories but they could not measure up to large aquarium of tropical fish in the restaurant. Covered in greasy fry fingerprints from all the days previous viewers, the boys peered in the mix of schooling blues and yellows looking for which one was the biggest or bluest and such. Everyone declared a favorite kind (I like the white striped). Then Harris thought we should try to guess which one fish in he tank he was thinking of. Mommy and Daddy did not enjoy this as much as he thought we should. Even so, it was a nice little evening excursion. $8 for three ice cream drinks still comes with a bit of sticker shock but throw in the aquarium and I guess we got our fair shake after all! (Sorry--I couldn't resist). I'm not Irish or Catholic and I was disappointed to learn there are still snakes in Ireland, But Mr. St.Patty--It is enough that you inspired these tasty treats! Hope you all got your chance to drink one today.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
We got 'em--The once a year if you are "Lucky" Shamrock Shake
No--not everyday can be cool and minty--but why not one day a year--even if it takes driving to two Mickey Dees. We took the boys to get Shamrock shakes today. Not only do we rarely go to the Big M (we're more the Arbys type), we don't even let them drink soda. So when a big tall green ice cream drink was placed in front of each of them, they thought it was cool indeed. Mommy tried to share stories of her own shamrock shake histories but they could not measure up to large aquarium of tropical fish in the restaurant. Covered in greasy fry fingerprints from all the days previous viewers, the boys peered in the mix of schooling blues and yellows looking for which one was the biggest or bluest and such. Everyone declared a favorite kind (I like the white striped). Then Harris thought we should try to guess which one fish in he tank he was thinking of. Mommy and Daddy did not enjoy this as much as he thought we should. Even so, it was a nice little evening excursion. $8 for three ice cream drinks still comes with a bit of sticker shock but throw in the aquarium and I guess we got our fair shake after all! (Sorry--I couldn't resist). I'm not Irish or Catholic and I was disappointed to learn there are still snakes in Ireland, But Mr. St.Patty--It is enough that you inspired these tasty treats! Hope you all got your chance to drink one today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounded like a fun excursion. I think I would have been more interested in the shake than the fish, but that Harris is quite creative to make a game of colored fish guessing. And I'm ashamed to say that we didn't get one of those awesome treats. Well, maybe next year! Grandma from AZ
ReplyDelete